Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weight Loss Journey March/April 2009





335-298.8

First of all, let me apologize. I know that I have missed my monthly blog for the past two months (March 13 & April 13). The reason I haven't kept you up to date via this blog is because I gave up using this stupid computer at home during the season of Lent. It's amazing how attached we become to these things over time. The break was a good one. I'd recommend it to anyone.
I was going to wait until May 13 to update you on my progress but I arrived at a bit of a milestone this morning at my weigh-in so I thought I'd share. I am no longer in the 300s!!! As of this morning, I have lost 94.4 lbs since December 13, bringing me down to 298.8.
Another great thing happened last night--I needed to buy new pants. For weeks now, I've been walking around, looking like a kid being forced to wear is big brother's hand-me-downs so I needed to buy some pants that fit. When I began this journey in December, I was wearing a 50" waist. Last night, I was able to purchase two pair of 40" pants and they fit perfectly!
I still have 73.8 lbs to go on my way to 225. I don't necessarily have a goal clothing size, so we'll see where that leads.
Throughout this process, I have come to realize that living in a rut is not really living at all. God has created us for so much and is inviting us to be a part of so much more than what we so often settle for. There are enough limitations on our lives that are beyond our control. It makes no sense to allow the things that we can control (weight, finances, attitudes, comfort, etc...) overwhelm the life that we could be living for Him...for others...for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment