Monday, August 17, 2009

Weight Loss Journey--June 2009



285.2-271.8
Well, it's the 13th again, which means that it's time for my monthly weight-loss blog. But this 13th is special. Today is my 6 month Weight Watchers anniversary.On December 13, 2008 I wandered in to my first Weight Watchers meeting thinking I'd better start turning my life around before it was too late. I had no idea that morning how close to too late I'd actually gotten!
I weighed in at 393.2 pounds and felt about as embarassed, frustrated, and sick as I'd ever been. This morning I weighed in at 271.8 pounds for a total weight loss of 121.4 pounds and a total percentage weight loss just under 31%. My goal for this date was 120 lbs lost...but I'll take the 121.4 I'm sitting here thinking about how thankful I am for the Weight Watchers lifestyle. This is not an unsustainable diet that will help me lose weight for a time but a way of life that, should I choose to live it (moment by moment, decision by decision, day by day) will be a part of who I am for the rest of my days.
A few more victories this past month include:
* Not having to pay the extra $2 for extended sizes
* Coming in 5th place at Shreveport First's Faith Promise 5K (last year, I came in dead last)
* Wearing a shirt that I received for Christmas years ago and have been unable to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment